1.29.2010

Delhi Traffic

I had mentioned so some people that I was given the opportunity to drive my friends car while they were away. I was thinking that in a couple of weeks I would work up the courage to take the car out for a short spin. Well less than 24 hours on the ground and I was driving from the bakery to the house. Now I drive every day. Not to far, but still Delhi Traffic.

Five years ago we were given a standard car for me to commute in to school in Calgary. We were not super excited about the standard thing, since neither one of us drove a standard car before, but told ourselves that it would come in handy some day if we stayed in our particular line of work. So I did, Anna took me for a spin around the block first and I passed the test. Very strange to be on the other side of the car, shifting with the other hand, and trying to figure out where the turn signal was (not sure anyone saw it or not). I was also told that I did not have to be polite and look Anna in the eyes when she was talking to me or look completely over my shoulder while changing lanes. The rule in Delhi driving is that if you cannot see them off your shoulder you have the right away. My father in law would love driving here. Some day Dad.

No comments: