1.27.2010

No one ever said traveling was suppose to be fast

So after 40 some hours of travel and gallivanting in London, I made it safe to Delhi. This time of year is high fog/smog levels, so you really can’t see more than 5 feet in front of you until noonish. So all flights in and out of Delhi try to leave and land in Delhi within a 5 hour gap, because at 5 the sun starts going down and the fog/smog returns.

London was great. Great chance to catch up to an old classmate from Rocky and see London from his perspective. We went on “The Eye” (the giant Fairs Wheel you see in movies with London as the backdrop) and rode an official double-decker bus from Waterloo station back to Notting Hill and yes I did see all the famous spots for the movie. They painted the blue door, black to confuse tourist, nah, I do not know I forgot to ask.

Coming back to a city that you lived in for three months was amazingly simple. My friend Dave waited for me for 5 hours the day before I arrived. We got the dates wrong, opps! So this time I grabbed a taxi to the bakery. It was a little hard to remember where I was because of the foggy background, but managed to get the taxi driver to the bakery no problem.

Coming back to Delhi is still a little nostalgic. The town I love, so different, yet, so the same. The sights and smells were familiar, yet new. I am not sure how to explain it quite yet, but it is good to be back.

The guys at the bakery asked for Keon and Levi right away. One guy spent the day re-sighting quotes from Keon when we were here two years ago. Amazing. I told him he will love Levi now that he can talk and is so funny. He is looking forward to when we all can be here together.

I am here, tired, but here. I do not sleep well on planes and have so much to learn before David and Anna leave next week, I will catch up some time. Maybe!!!

No comments: