2.13.2008

the market at our doorstep


Throughout the day we have many men walking by selling vegetables, plastic containers, kashmiri shawls, paneer, etc. You name it, they got it! They call out what they're selling so people can come out of they're house to buy it. Keon is quite entertained by them and hollers back, "We don't need any 'abala a ka da', or whatever you're selling!".
A newly discovered luxury in India is having my groceries delivered! What a relief when I found out I didn't have to lug all the groceries home in an auto! I could even call them with my list and they'd deliver it if I wanted. Everything is deliverable here- even McDonalds!
If you can't get to the store- the store comes to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Groceries delivered! WOW, what a luxury! It would be nice because that means my children wouldn't be able to find interesting things we don't need to add to the cart. Of course, the down side would be the lack of exercise involved...parking at the far end of the lot. And then there is pushing the cart, which a third of the way through is loaded, heavy and won't go straight.
I can just imagine Keon hollering back at the sellers. Wonder where he got his gift of gab and wonderful verbal skills?